La Marguerite Ship Review
This ship no longer operates for AmaWaterways. See the company’s new ship, AmaDara.
Built in 2009,the stunning La Marguerite is 235 feet long and carries just 92 passengers along Southeast Asia’s beautiful Mekong River. Designed to honour the exotic region in which she sails, her passenger accommodation and public areas are decorated with local artifacts and regional Mekong elements. She boasts a style all her own; one that displays all the charm of the old world coupled with the modern amenities and gracious service today’s river cruisers have come to expect of AmaWaterways.
La Marguerite Staterooms
All staterooms aboard La Marguerite are outside and ninety percent of these feature private balconies. All staterooms have a sitting area, writing desk, shower with bathrobe and slippers, a hairdryer, mini-bar, and an in-stateroom television.
There are five stateroom categories aboard La Marguerite:
- Category C staterooms are located on Mekong Deck and measure 226 square feet. They feature a porthole window and include all the amenities listed above.
- Category A & B staterooms are located on Saigon and Tonle decks. Like Category C staterooms, they are also 226 square feet but feature a balcony and large fixed window – perfect for viewing the magnificent Mekong. They include all of the amenities listed above.
- Located on Sadec Deck are the six Junior Suites. At 290 square feet, these rooms have a balcony and large fixed window in addition to a king-sized bed and a bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower.
- Two Suites located all the way forward on Sadec Deck provide 452 square feet of living space that features a king-sized bed, a bathroom complete with whirlpool tub and separate shower, and a private balcony with two lounge chairs and a table.
As with many ships, these suites can sell out quickly, so it can pay to book well in advance.
La Marguerite Public Areas
To ensure your cruise along the Mekong is as relaxing as it is enjoyable, La Marguerite features a host of public rooms in which to pass the time. A full fitness centre compliments the sun deck and swimming pool high atop Sadec Deck, and a comfortable lounge and bar area are located just one deck below. A forward facing lounge and library can also be found on this deck.
Finally, a reception area and gift shop give way to the beautifully decorated Mekong Restaurant.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- There is no passenger elevator aboard La Marguerite, which has four public decks.
- American and Canadian citizens will require Visas for Cambodia and Vietnam for the itineraries operated by La Marguerite.
- AmaWaterways recommends brushing teeth and drinking only from bottled water, which is supplied complimentary by AmaWaterways. Water is purified onboard and is suitable for bathing, but may not be what North Americans are used to.
Help Us Help You
- Have you been on La Marguerite? If so please leave your comments below.
- Looking to cruise on La Marguerite? Let us know what you want to know in the comment field below, and we’ll get back to you with information.
Get My Help With Your AmaWaterways Cruise
Complete the form for special savings or added perks that I may be able to obtain from River Cruise Advisor’s travel partners.
River Cruise Advisor Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring La Marguerite.
[catlist id=’99’ numberposts=-1]