AmaLyra Ship Review
Launched in 2009, the beautiful duo of the AmaLyra and AmaDolce joined the AMAWATERWAYS‘ fleet, as sister ships to AmaDante and near-sister ships to AmaCello (2008). Carrying 144 passengers apiece, these vessels are 360 feet in length and feature some of the most luxurious accommodations in the river cruise market.
There are eight different categories of accommodation aboard Amalyra:
- At 140 square feet are the Single Accommodations. These two staterooms are located side-by-side on Cello Deck, and feature a French balcony – making them ideal for solo travelers who don’t want to compromise. These feature a wardrobe, bathroom with shower, and a desk with Internet access and a flat-screen TV.
- Categories D and E measure 170 square feet, and are located on Piano Deck. They feature fixed windows and offer a sitting area, desk with Internet access and flat-screen television, and a bathroom with shower.
- Categories A, B and C are also 170 square feet, but are located on Cello and Violin decks. They feature all the amenities of the Category D and E staterooms, but with the addition of floor-to-ceiling windows that open to a French balcony. Category A staterooms offer a slightly more desirable location, being one deck higher than Category B and are located amidships.
- Amalyra has one Category A+ stateroom located all the way forward on Violin Deck. It offers all the amenities and features of a standard Category A stateroom, but is appreciably larger at 225 square feet.
- Topping off the accommodation choices are three Junior Suites. Located on Violin Deck, these suites are a comfortable 255 square feet and feature a full bathroom with shower and tub, a flat-screen TV, mini bar, spacious wardrobe, and a full size window in addition to a complete French balcony. As with many ships, these suites can sell out quickly, so it pays to plan ahead.
AmaLyra Public Areas
Inside, AmaLyra features a host of amenities designed to sooth and entertain when you’re not admiring the passing scenery. She features a unique library, a beautiful main lounge and bar, a reception area, gift shop, an aft-facing lounge, and a bow-facing Main Lounge.
One deck down, the Restaraunt features fine cuisine influenced by local specialties and ingredients, and complimentary wine, beer, and soft drinks are offered during lunch dinner. Meals are open-seating, and a buffet breakfast and lunch are on offer, with a “Light Lunch” served up in the Main Lounge and consisting of soups, sandwiches, and salads.
Ample open seating is available on the Sun Deck, which also features a whirlpool and a walking track.
AmaLyra also boasts little niceties like complimentary Wi-Fi throughout and complimentary bottled water in staterooms.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Amalyra features a passenger elevator that traverses the Cello and Violin decks.
- Complimentary bicycles and helmets are available onboard for guests to take ashore.
Help Us Help You
- Have you been on AmaLyra? If so please leave your comments below.
- Looking to cruise on AmaLyra? Let us know what you want to know in the comment field below, and we’ll get back to you with information.
Get My Help With Your AmaWaterways Cruise
Complete the form for special savings or added perks that I may be able to obtain from River Cruise Advisor's travel partners.
Read other articles about the AmaLyra.