VIKING TRUVOR Ship Review
Originally constructed as part of the mammoth, 27-ship “302”-series, Viking Truvor was known as Viking Kirov until late 2011. Along with her sisters Viking Helgi and Viking Ingvar, she carries 210 fortunate guests along Russia’s historic Volga River. Built in 1990, Viking Truvor was fully refurbished in 2011, offering European-style amenities in all 104 staterooms. These range from comfortable, hotel-style beds to 26-inch flat-panel televisions. Thee open-air promenade decks allow for expansive views of the legendary Volga River.
VIKING TRUVOR Staterooms
There are eight distinct stateroom categories aboard Viking Truvor:
- Category CS staterooms were designed specifically for the solo traveler. At 70 square feet, these rooms feature a single Pullman-style bed along with a picture window that opens. These two staterooms are located on Upper Deck and have a bathroom with shower, air conditioning, a small wardrobe, and a television featuring English-language programming.
- Category EX and FX staterooms are located all the way forward on Main deck, and include hotel-style beds that can be separated if needed, along with two fixed porthole windows. These rooms also feature a bathroom with shower, a desk and vanity area, a small sitting area, a television with English-language programming, and full air conditioning. Category FX staterooms measure 173 square feet, while Category EX rooms are slightly larger at 207 square feet.
- Category AX, BX, CX, and DX staterooms are located on Upper, Middle, and Main decks. All feature hotel-style beds that can be separated if needed, along with a large picture window that opens. These rooms also feature a bathroom with shower, a desk and vanity area, a small sitting area, a television with English-language programming, and full air conditioning. Categories AX, BX and CX all measure 160 square feet, while Category DX staterooms are slightly smaller at 140 square feet.
- Category AA Suites are the top level of accommodation aboard Viking Truvor. Located on Middle Deck, these forward-facing staterooms are a spacious 320-square feet and include several large picture windows that open. A full-size bathroom with separate shower, tub, and dual-vanity sinks compliments these suites, which also include a sitting area, large wardrobe, full air conditioning, a television with English-language programming, and a sofa.
VIKING TRUVOR Public Areas
In addition to her three expansive open promenade decks, Viking Truvor features a reception area, restaurant, and observation lounge. The Reception area also hosts a 24-hour coffee and tea station, while the Restaurant serves up breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casually elegant setting where the seating is always open. This allows guests to dine with whomever they choose at a variety of table sizes.
Located on Upper Deck, the forward-facing Observation Lounge makes the perfect venue to enjoy a cold drink and conversation with newfound friends without ever having to take your eyes off the beautiful Volga.
A Library and onboard Boutique are also offered, along with laundry service, two dedicated bars and an onboard elevator – a rarity among many river cruise vessels.
River Cruisers Should Know!
- Complimentary Internet Access is provided in guest staterooms.
- Category AX Staterooms 422 and 423 have structural columns in the room.
- Category EX Staterooms 227 and 228 measure 215 square feet; EX staterooms 229 and 230 are 207 square feet.
- Although designed for the solo traveler, Category CS staterooms can still feel a little cramped due to their small size of 70 square feet.
Get My Help With Your Viking River Cruise
Complete the form for special savings or added perks that I may be able to obtain from River Cruise Advisor's travel partners.
Read more about Viking Truvor.
Viking LongShips Reviews
|Ship||Type||Live Voyage Report|
|Viking Aegir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Alsvin||Viking Longship|
|Viking Atla||Viking Longship|
|Viking Baldur||Viking Longship|
|Viking Bragi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Buri||Viking Longship|
|Viking Delling||Viking Longship|
|Viking Eir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Embla||Viking Longship|
|Viking Forseti||Viking Longship|
|Viking Freya||Viking Longship|
|Viking Gefjon||Viking Longship|
|Viking Gullveig||Viking Longship|
|Viking Heimdal||Viking Longship|
|Viking Hlin||Viking Longship|
|Viking Idi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Idun||Viking Longship|
|Viking Ingvi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Jarl||Viking Longship|
|Viking Kara||Viking Longship|
|Viking Kvasir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Lif||Viking Longship|
|Viking Lofn||Viking Longship|
|Viking Magni||Viking Longship|
|Viking Mani||Viking Longship|
|Viking Mimir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Modi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Njord||Viking Longship|
|Viking Odin||Viking Longship|
|Viking Rinda||Viking Longship|
|Viking Skadi||Viking Longship|
|Viking Skirnir||Viking Longship|
|Viking Tor||Viking Longship|
|Viking Var||Viking Longship|
|Viking Ve||Viking Longship|
|Viking Vidar||Viking Longship|
|Viking Vili||Viking Longship|
|Viking Hemming||Viking Douro Ship|
|Viking Torgil||Viking Douro Ship|
|Viking Osfrid||Viking Douro Ship|
|Viking Astrild||Viking Elbe Ship|
|Viking Beyla||Viking Elbe Ship|
|Viking Fontane||Viking Elbe Ship|
|Viking Schumann||Viking Elbe Ship|
|Viking Legend||Viking Prestige Ship|
|Viking Prestige||Viking Prestige Ship|
|Viking Akun||Russia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Ingvar||Russia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Truvor||Russia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Emerald||Asia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Mandalay||Asia River Cruise Ship|
|Viking Mekong||Asia River Cruise Ship|
|ms Mayfair||Egypt River Cruise Ship|
|ms Omar El Khayam||Egypt River Cruise Ship|