GANGES VOYAGER II Ship Review
GANGES VOYAGER II Overview
Ganges Voyager II set sail on the Ganges River in January 2016. Uniworld is the first major river cruise company to offer itineraries in India.
The 185-foot long vessel carries up to 56 passengers and has three decks. It’s the smallest ship in Uniworld’s fleet in terms of length. However, it’s about 4 feet wider than most European river cruise ships.
On the Ganges Voyager II, all staterooms are suites and the minimum size is 261 square feet, which is about 100 square feet larger than most standard staterooms on other vessels. Another added feature is that all staterooms have a French or Juliette balcony.
GANGES VOYAGER II Staterooms
There are six different stateroom categories aboard the Ganges Voyager II. Categories are further differentiated by their relative positions on the ship and their square footage:
Main Deck (Deck 1)
There are 2 stateroom categories on the first deck and all are located Midship and Forward.
- Category 3 Signature Suite – There are 4 staterooms available located Midship and Forward. This category features a French Balcony. Stateroom size is 261 square feet.
- Category 2 Signature Suite – There are 6 staterooms available located Midship and Forward. This category features a French balcony. Stateroom size is 261 square feet.
Upper Deck (Deck 2)
There are 4 stateroom categories on the second deck located across the entire deck.
- Category 1 Colonial Suite – There are 13 cabins available located Aft, Midship and Forward. This category features a French balcony. Stateroom size is 261 square feet
- Heritage Suite – There are 2 cabins available located Forward. This category features a Juliette balcony. Stateroom size is 280 square feet.
- Viceroy Suite – There are 2 cabins available located Aft to Midship. This category features a French balcony. Stateroom size is 360 square feet.
- Maharaja Suite – There is 1 cabin available located Forward. This category features a French balcony. Stateroom size is 400 square feet.
All stateroom suites feature a French balcony with floor-to-ceiling glass doors, a private bathroom with a rain shower. Viceroy and Maharaja suites also offer a deep soaker tub with a lattice-screened window. Additionally, Viceroy and Maharaja Suites include daily butler service, laundry service, a one-hour spa treatment for one guest per suite a bottle of wine upon embarkation and evening canapes.
All appointed suites have hotel-style beds, built-in closets, individual climate control thermostat, infotainment center and safe. Bathrooms feature L’Occitane en Provence bath and body products, hair dryer, plush towels, a choice of light- or medium-weight bathrobes and slippers. (Maharaja Suite includes bathtub.)
Suites have additional amenities and services, including flowers and fruit plate upon arrival; and in-suite bottled water replenished daily.
Note: While the Ganges Voyager II is a beautiful and luxurious vessel, its amenities may differ from those of a Uniworld company-owned ship.
GANGES VOYAGER II Public Areas
Guests can enjoy dining in the East India Restaurant on the Main Deck (Deck 1). Afternoon High Tea is served daily in the Governor’s Lounge on the Sun Deck (Deck 3), which is also where guests receive 24-hour access to coffee, tea and snacks.
On the third deck, the Ganges Voyager II features an Observation Deck, a Fitness Center, the Voyager Spa and the Governor’s Lounge and Bar.
Guests will find the Reception Area on Deck 1.
Itineraries & Pricing
- 13-day Ganges (“India’s Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges”) with 7-day cruise, New Delhi to Kolkata, balconies from $7,599, Jan-Dec
River Cruisers Should Know!
- All staterooms and suites have a balcony.
- There is no elevator available for passenger use.
- Wireless internet service is available throughout the ship where available.
- Guests in Viceroy and Maharaja suites aboard Ganges Voyager II receive daily butler service, free laundry service and one hour complementary spa treatment limited to one guest per suite.
- Airport transfer fees and gratuities are included.
- Onboard stateroom power is 220 volts; North American cruisers will require a power adapter.
Get My Help With Your Uniworld Cruise
Complete the form for special savings or added perks that I may be able to obtain from River Cruise Advisor's travel partners.
Read other articles about the Ganges Voyager II articles.