RIVER DUCHESS Ship Review
RIVER DUCHESS Overview
Decorated in stylish comfort, Uniworld‘s River Duchess sails an assortment of river cruises through Eastern and Western Europe, with some that cover both regions.
One such voyage is the amazing, 28-day Grand European Serenade which sails more than 2,200 miles through the heart of Europe, enjoying the natural beauty of pastoral landscapes, the vineyards of the romantic Rhine, and the Danube’s famed Iron Gates.
In 2009, River Duchess was renovated to add French balconies to all staterooms and suites located on Rhine Deck. Launched in 2003, she is 360 feet in length and capable of carrying 134 guests in 67 staterooms and 4 suites. She also underwent another top-to-bottom refit in time for the 2012 cruise season.
RIVER DUCHESS Staterooms
There are five stateroom categories aboard River Duchess and one suite category. Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds draped in 100% Egyptian cotton linens and European duvets, along with a menu of pillow choices. Stateroom and suite amenities include: generous built-in closets, hair dryer, individual climate-control thermostat, direct-dial telephone, flatscreen TV with infotainment center, and safe.
Marble bathrooms include: L’Occitane en Provence and Hermés bath and body products, plush towels, bathroom towel warmers, backlit magnifying mirror, heated mirrors, cozy bathrobes and slippers.
All suites are uniquely decorated and have additional amenities and services, including: in-suite butler service; packing and unpacking assistance; in-room breakfast; daily fruit and cookie plate, and an elegant evening snack; iPod dock; Nespresso coffee machine and fine teas; fully stocked minibar; bottle of wine upon arrival; shoeshine; and free laundry service.
RIVER DUCHESS Public Areas
River Duchess features wireless internet access throughout, as well as a lounge offering panoramic views, a bar, an elegantly appointed dining room, and a library.
Out on deck, passengers will find ample space for sunning and sightseeing as well as a fitness room, spa, and shops. Guests also have the use of complimentary bicycles and Nordic walking sticks while ashore.
Like her luxurious sisters, River Duchess was named one of the world’s “Top Small Cruise Ships” in the Conde Nast Traveller 2010 Reader’s Poll.
Itineraries & Pricing
- 8-day Main (“Classic Christmas Markets”), Nuremberg to Frankfurt, from $2,899, balconies from $4,294, Nov-Dec
- 12-day Danube (“Highlights of Eastern Europe & Istanbul”), Budapest to Istanbul, from $4,999, balconies from $6,594, May-Sep
- 10-day Rhine (“Tulips & Windmills”), Amsterdam to Antwerp, from $3,599, balconies from $5,094, Mar-Apr
- 26-day Danube, Rhine and Main (“Ultimate European Journey”), Amsterdam to Istanbul, from $11,798, balconies from $15,693, May-Sep
River Cruisers Should Know!
- River Duchess features an elevator for passenger use.
- River Duchess was refurbished in 2009 and 2012.
- The interior of River Duchess is smoke free; smoking is only allowed on open decks on all Uniworld vessels.
- Staterooms measure 151 square feet, with suites measuring 215 square feet.
Get My Help With Your Uniworld Cruise
Complete the form for special savings or added perks that I may be able to obtain from River Cruise Advisor's travel partners.
Read other articles about the River Duchess.