CroisiEurope Cruises, Europe’s leading river cruise line known for its unique itineraries, is optimistic about the full-scale return of their African cruise-and-land safari programs in 2023, following a soft re-opening in 2022.
“2022 has been the rebound year for us in Europe, on our standard river cruise itineraries,” said Michael DaCosta, General Manager of CroisiEurope America. “We couldn’t be happier to have our fleet running at full capacity again, welcoming guests from all over the world. In 2023, we expect to see this rebound reach our more exotic destinations – including our African Safari Cruises.”
While Africa as a destination saw a slower return for CroisiEurope in 2022, the company announced that 2023 will be its biggest year for this program. According to preliminary booking data, the company is expecting nearly 100% growth over 2019 in pre-bookings.
The Southern Africa safari-and-cruise programs launched in 2018 with the RV African Dream and Cascades Lodge, however it was forced to shut down in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During that hiatus, the company launched a second ship, the RV Zimbabwean Dream, and a second lodge, the Kaza Lodge.
CroisiEurope’s Southern African safari-and-cruise program features:
- A stay at a 5-star hotel and tours in Johannesburg, South Africa;
- A 3-night stay in a CroisiEurope-owned deluxe Safari Lodge in Namibia, on the shores of the Zambezi River;
- A 3-night stay aboard a 16-passenger vessel on Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe;
- A one-night stay in Victoria Falls;
- Land and water safaris in Chobe National Park (Botswana) and Matusadona National Park (Zimbabwe);
- Plus all internal air, transfers, meals, and tours as listed on the itinerary.
In addition to the Southern Africa land-and-cruise safari program, CroisiEurope also offers two programs based in Egypt: Cairo and A Cruise on the Nile, and Treasures on the Red Sea Cruise out of Hurghada, visiting Egypt and Jordan aboard the MS Belle de L’Adriatique.For more information on CroisiEurope Cruises and its itineraries, please visit: https://www.croisieuroperivercruises.com/